Now that summer is in full sway, it’s time to take your boat out for a ride (if you haven’t done so already!). Take your boat out of self-storage to the nearest body of water for some good summer fun. There are so many water activities that you and your family or friends can do while boating. Especially if one person prefers to fish and another prefers to swim, there are so many activities that you can do while boating to keep everyone entertained for the day. Here is a list of recommended water activities to do while boating this summer.
1. Snorkeling— This is a great way to explore the sea while exercising! Take your boat out off the coast line and begin your snorkeling adventures alongside the various sea creatures below. Allow your inner adventurer out while snorkeling and see the wonders of the ocean. To document and share your adventure with your friends and family take a waterproof camera with you to capture experience under the sea. If you’re lucky, you’ll even be able to make a new ocean friend or better yet you might even find Nemo and maybe even Dory.
2. Swimming— Take a dip into still water to cool off! If you are boating on a lake and the current is still and safe, we recommend jumping in! Swimming in a lake or the ocean will keep you cool and if you do swimming laps around your boat, you will get a good cardio exercise! If you are boating in the ocean, make sure there are no dangers of sharks in the water and if the waters appear safe, you can jump on in for some swimming fun.
3. Tubing— If you want to go out onto the waters but don’t want to submerge yourself completely, tie a water tube to your boat and enjoy the drifting around under the sun. Water tubes will keep you cool while you bask in the sun and float atop the waters. They are inflatable water apparatuses that come in all shapes and sizes, including the donut rings and chairs. Whatever your preference, you can always tie a string from the boat to your floating apparatus so you don’t float too far away from the boat.
4. Water Ski— If you have a boat with the horsepower strong enough, you could water ski out on the waters. You just need the power to pull someone up and keep the speed manageable for the rider. Many 24’ boats are fast enough to pull a skier behind them, though the acceleration might be slow at first. Lighter and smaller boats tend to accelerate faster, so a boat smaller than 24’ would work for water skiing. Water skiing equipment can be found at your local sporting store or you can find all of the equipment online.
5. Fishing— Fishing is always a great activity to do while boating, especially if certain family members or friends prefer fishing over the other water activities mentioned. You can catch your dinner fishing or simply enjoy the sun while you wait for a bite. There are some people who enjoy catching fish as a game while others catch fish for fun by returning them back into the waters. Whatever your preference, know that fishing is a great way to pass the time while boating. Just be sure your friends and family isn’t in the waters when you’re trying to score a bite. With that said apply lots of sun screen and stay hydrated while you do so!
CLEANING UP THE BOAT
After a fun filled day under the sun it’s about that time to take your boat out of the water. You will want to clean the hull and windows before parking your boat in storage. Cleaning up the dirt and residue will help preserve your boat and help keep it in good condition. Remember to wipe down the hull and windows with a mixture of water and dishwater soap or you can use a microfiber rag to wipe down the boat. Just remember however you choose to clean your boat is entirely up to you but we can all agree that wiping away excess mud and gunk will help prolong the beauty of the hull.
With your boat clean, you are now ready for storage! To further protect your boat from the weathered elements, cover it with a boat cover and place it into a protected storage. Storing your boat will keep it safe and secure until the next time. For your boat storage needs near Pueblo West, Colorado come on by to Armor Storage. We have the right boat storage space for you! Rent or Reserve online today or call us for additional information at 1-719-547-7722.